More kale ideas
Check out the links below for more information about kale. We really cannot say enough great things about this amazing vegetable!!
And, here are some more recipe ideas that we hope will make it easier for you to incorporate kale into your meals several days a week.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over low-to-medium heat.
- Add torn kale leaves and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Cover until kale begins to wilt.
- Uncover, sprinkle with salt/pepper, and stir until the kale is bright green and completely wilted and water is evaporated (approx 5-10 minutes).
- Add 1-2 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced or minced) to the hot oil before adding kale. (You can also add a bit of chopped onion, too, for extra deliciousness)
- Replace salt & pepper with Creole seasoning or red pepper flakes.
- Add 2-4 cups of cooked pasta to sautéed kale. Mix in other colorful veggies (red/yellow peppers, roasted tomatoes, small chunks of roasted butternut squash) and a bit of your favorite flavorful, white cheese (feta, parmesan).
- Mix a cup or two of finely chopped kale into tomato sauce for pizzas and pasta.
- Pile sautéed kale (and other veggies, e.g., roasted peppers or tomatoes, roasted butternut squash, sautéed mushrooms) on grilled or toasted multigrain bread. Top with a little high-flavor white cheese (feta, parmesan).
- Drizzle sautéed kale with lemon butter, creamy Dijon mustard vinaigrette, hollandaise, or your favorite salad dressing.
- Mix sautéed kale into mashed potatoes.
- Toss leftover sautéed kale into your breakfast omelet or frittata.